First teaser for The Eschatrilogy looks very good indeed

December 20, 2011
By Paul Pritchard

I mentioned, back in July, that Damain Morter was raising funds for his next feature, The Eschatrilogy. The good news is that the funding target has been reached and the film is currently in production. The better news is that the first teaser has been released and it looks very promising indeed.

The Eschatrilogy is a a trilogy of short films linked by a demonic character known as The Storyteller. Frustrated and angered by mans arrogance and lack of fear, this character brings his own punishment to a small community. Infecting the inhabitants, he causes them to release their own Inner Monster, turning friend against friend and father against son.

Observing their turmoil the demon records three stories in a book, The Eschatrilogy, which offers a warning for future generations, to be remembered and revered by all

A father leaves his wife and daughter late one evening to finish a job. On the road he comes across the scene of an accident and offers his help to a woman who then dies in his arms, on calling the police the man witnesses the woman returning to life, snarling and hungry for blood she attacks, mauling him by the roadside. The father then awakes, rising up back from death with a single motivationto get home to his wife and child but will he be welcome, or is he Dead Inside.

Alex is a happy young man, enjoying a quiet night in with his girlfriend until a knock at the door changes everything. Thrust into a living nightmare, Alex must navigate the death ridden streets, avoiding monsters at every corner, as the town in which he lives has become a wasteland of evil. Armed only with a baseball bat and a desire to see his mum, will Alex survive the endless obstacles and carnage before him or will he fall prey to The Dying Breed.

As the Small town of Pine grove falls at the hands of its dead occupants one father escapes, driving himself and his injured son to safety. However after taking refuge at an abandoned sports complex, the man soon discovers he is not alone and other survivors are already inside. Threatened by the boys injuries the others take the man and his son hostage until a horde of the undead burst into the complex and surround them. Now the man must take on an ever growing army of monsters and the most dangerous predator of allfrightened human beings. Will he protect his son, or just become A Father for the Dead.

The Trailer

Tags: , , ,

42 Responses to First teaser for The Eschatrilogy looks very good indeed

1. John Wayne on December 21, 2011 at 12:44 pm

Looks fucking shit. Is this a joke?

• Producer on December 21, 2011 at 1:38 pm

Clearly another filmmaker who is very jealous of Safehouse Pictures UK.

• Big L on December 21, 2011 at 1:45 pm

John Wayne and Clint Eastwood oh what original names you have. I hate to say this but you are either jealous or bitter when it comes to Safehouse. I think and know that the trailer is fantastic and this project is greatly supported by cast, crew and the general public. Please stop trying to rain on their parade and let them enjoy their success. Go back to the wild west, I reckon youll be happier there. Well done Safehouse and keep up the good work

• Gregg Bosworth on December 30, 2011 at 6:32 am

I agree, its got to be a joke! who are they kidding!

• littlemickey on December 30, 2011 at 7:52 pm

Dude, Its a british zombie movie,Looks pretty dark and twisted too! Whats not to like? I think it looks boss for a micro budget flicklittle poltergeist girl and bodybuilder taking on a horde of zombies looks awesome!!!!!!

• Gregg Bosworth on January 10, 2012 at 6:57 am

doesnt look realistic at all, looks like a crappy Halloween part gone wrong

• Littlemickey on January 10, 2012 at 8:37 am

Who ever said anything about being realisticI said dark and twisted! Anyway what realistic zombie films have you seenerr zombies arent real mate hahahahaha!

• Claire Garrett on January 10, 2012 at 4:37 pm

Im not involved with the people who make the films at all but they all seem really supportive to each other, I think thats lovely. It says they had no money and Im not sure how it works but believe they have done great purely on the fact they had no funds. I dont understand how people can be so negative about it seems vindictive as an outsider. Its better then having a bunch of young people sat on there arse on JSA I think. End of the day its a zombie film which always screems to me a bit of fun and I wish everyone involved loads of luck. Anyway Im looking forward to giving it a watch.
            Well done.

2. Clint Eastwood on December 21, 2011 at 12:53 pm

Send the trailer to Bloody Disgusting, they give shit films 5 stars, youll feel right at home.

• Producer on December 21, 2011 at 2:00 pm

Firstly why the false name if your such a proud achiever? Maybe you would like to post a link to your own work so we can understand where you think we are so clearly going wrong? No. Didnt think so!
      I would Pepsi challenge you and your crew any day against my Safehouse crew.
      You obviously are very childish, bitter and have no talent what so ever to be so malicious against us. Can you explain your foul language and some kind of explanation you coward?

3. Big D. on December 21, 2011 at 1:22 pm

@John Wayne, obviously a jealous competitor of safehouse as how honestly can you say that looks shitmaybe explain why it looks so bad to youand also why hide under a false name if you were simply unimpressed! I smell a rival filmmaker!!!

4. Anna Batho on December 21, 2011 at 1:34 pm

You have no idea how good this film is going to be; thousands of extras, filming at all times of the day and night on location in wild moors and in all weathers, world class makeup artists have made hideous characters; an award winning director; brilliant cinematography just look at the teasers; I could go on! A year in the making and this will be one of the most impressive independent low budget films made this decade. Ive worked on high budget films and TV and this easily rivals bigger money films because of the creativity, the attention to detail and Damien and Nicolas willingness to challenge the norm. Youll not be disappointed.

5. Julie on December 21, 2011 at 1:35 pm

This trailer looks excellent.Cant wait to see the finished product. Well done Safehouse. As for the childish comments above smallminded jealousy

6. Fenton on December 21, 2011 at 1:36 pm

Now come on Mr Wayne, thats not very nice is it? Spitting venom all over someones artistic endeavours may be your idea of fun, but might I suggest you try masturbation instead?

7. townenc on December 21, 2011 at 1:45 pm

woot woot!!!! looks quality and thats only a teaser!!!!! cant wait for the final version, ignore the shit cowboys D, reviewer on the site says it looks good, he knows a bit more than a bow legged horserider :)

8. sj on December 21, 2011 at 1:51 pm

this looks like a great set of films. cant believe people are already slating it when there are alot worse films out there.this film is a must for all zombie fans

9. Rob Perry on December 21, 2011 at 1:52 pm

Great special effects. Even more spectacular than people realise especially as I know the budget Morter had to work with.You can clearly see that the crew of this production are very determined. I think it looks great.

• S foster on December 21, 2011 at 9:55 pm

I have only just got to know Damien Morter at Safehouse pictures through him using a wooded area of mine and can honestly say he is truly professional and the crew who work for him do it for very little if not nothing just for the experience of working with him.For all you would be jealous wannabees be AFRAID because there will no room for you if he gets funding.

10. Tatefold on December 21, 2011 at 2:06 pm

I always find it pathetic when people cant even show who they really are and attempt to slate other peoples work. I mean honestly You have that little conviction in your own views you cant even say who you are and give a genuine reason as to why you say it looks shit. Grow up kid. Jealousy is meant to be something you get over as you age, its called maturing.

11. Little momma on December 21, 2011 at 2:11 pm

Well i think you need to go give your heads a shake clint and john or maybe just stick to the cowboy rubbish youre into. this looks s*** hot! i cant wait to see it! Safehouse clearly know what theyre doing and are doing it well!!

12. 3dmonkey on December 21, 2011 at 2:28 pm

@John Wayne. A really mature and well thought through review of the film there. Film makers generally have mutual respect for each other, which leads me to believe youve never actually made anything yourself, or I suspect left your bedroom for the last week. So grow up and think about the hard work thats obviously gone into this production by a collection of creative and inspiring people. The answers simple.. post us a link to one of your films and well take youre opinion seriously. If not, do something more productive with your life than posting anonymous insults aimed at people who dont deserve it! Moron.

13. Clint Eastwood on December 21, 2011 at 2:30 pm

@Little Momma

The question is: Do you feel lucky? Well do ya, punk!

14. Producer on December 21, 2011 at 2:51 pm

CONGRATULATIONS and A MASSIVE THANK YOU to all our hard working cast and crew!!!
    The film looks stunning and you should all be very proud of The Eschatrilogy. This film does not lits like its had £3000 spent on it, the poduction value looks like its had a budget. its visually stunning, professional and had so much time and effort spent on it. Damian Morter is a director on the rise and I would get used to seeing Safehouse Pictures UK knocking the wind from you a lot more.
    The Safehouse crew are amazing, very talented, hard working and committed and will continue producing astonishing work, yes of cause we are going to attract rivals but hay all press is good press.

15. Carrie Arts on December 21, 2011 at 3:01 pm

The Trailer doesn’t seem so much a “Teaser” and doesn’t really explain the plot except the fact that the film is about Zombie’s, however I have no idea what the finished product will be!
    It certainly had my attention and looks quite promising. In no way would I ever say it was “shit”, the shots look beautiful, the actors look engaging, you can tell from the amount of cast members, locations and special effects that it’s going to be an exciting watch.
    If the film really has been shot on a really low budget then all those involved with Safehouse should be very proud of themselves.

16. Eirian Cohen on December 21, 2011 at 4:26 pm

The trailer looks fantastic and this is one hell of a film to watch out for. This was my first taste of acting in horror films and it has got me hooked! Everyone in Safehouse deserves huge recognition for their hard work, commitment, drive and passion. As for the negative comments; I refuse to get into a debate with anyone so cowardly as to hide behind false names. Thank you so much Damian & Nikki for giving me my first taste of blood, gore and madness

17. an old friend on December 21, 2011 at 5:10 pm

Spectacular! Well done to all the crew and cast. Be proud of the outstanding work here. Those cowboys will end up eating their pathetic words x

18. BobRob on December 21, 2011 at 5:25 pm

Lookin fresh! Great to see the fruits of the crews efforts finally ripening. Cant wait to see it finished. The hard work and dedication of the crew is inspiring. A bunch of folks who want to make films purely for the love of it. Gonna be splattery!

19. Steven on December 21, 2011 at 6:11 pm

I have got to say i am loving the trailer, all the realeased photos and the behind the scenes footage.

Really cannot wait to see the finished product. Everyone involved in the project deserves alot of praise for the way it has turned out from what we can see so far. Wishing you all the best of luck in the future.

20. ChrisOrton on December 21, 2011 at 8:01 pm

I played the part of Tom in this film. I work regularly as an actor including a recent TV drama role but have never done a horror film before it was an enjoyable project. An ambitious project too in production terms and Safehouse should be commended for their organisation and vision on a low budget. I found them good people to work with too. Watch out for them in the future and I look forward to the finished product!

21. jenna collins on December 21, 2011 at 8:14 pm

I have worked on nicola and damians films and them and all their crew work so hard this is going to be a fantastic film its just a shame there is a lot of people out there who are jealous and try and put people down

22. tony morter on December 21, 2011 at 9:32 pm

interesting, firstly why would anyone want to give an opinion that they were unwilling to back up? the use of psuedonyms is interesting,not normally used by serious critics, it is the right of everyone to have an opinion,but,most creative people would at least try to make it constructive,and,if they wanted to be taken seriously,not show their ignorance by using expletives, do you really think anyone will take your critique seriously? there is not an artist,yes,an artist who has not listened to negative reviews out there, but still they work on, and then, like the artists they are, out comes another lot of creative talent on show for everyone to see or hear!!! you obviously misunderstand the type of people you are dealing with,firstly they do it for themselves, not you,then they want to share it with you, and with ignorant people like you,john and clint i myself often wonder why! i suggest you go back to your wannabee could have done world and take a really good look at yourselves, i would bet you couldnt critisise yourselves at all, thats the difference, artists are their own worst critics but you would not understand that! so heres something that will be easy for you, get a life and go fuck yourseves!!!!

23. SallyT on December 21, 2011 at 9:54 pm

I cant possibly say enough good things about safehouse pictures! They have been an absolute pleasure to work with over the past few months! All the cast and crew are amazingly talented and Im so proud to have been part of this project! The trailer looks amazing! :) x

24. Craig Thomas on December 22, 2011 at 12:04 am

I am one of the extras that featured in the film, and i have to say that the cast and crew of The Eschatrilogy are very dedicated people who acted with the type of dedication youd normally expect to see from a big budget crew on film or tv. I can only hope that the only shit i see is when i have to change my underwear when i finally see the finished product.

25. Katie K on December 22, 2011 at 2:43 pm

The preview looks great and Im looking forward to seeing the final product! Congrats to Damian and Nicola and the entire cast and crew who have worked so hard on this film.

26. Damian Morter on December 22, 2011 at 5:40 pm

Wow what a lot of cool comments cheers to all who like and nevermind to those who dont, these films are a look at some of my personal nightmaresmight be a little too intimidating for some of the ol timers Yee Whore!!

27. Phil Hawkins on January 5, 2012 at 5:41 pm

Ive been hearing a bit of buzz about this film and someone sent me this link and I have to say this looksok. There is clearly a lot of dedicated, talented people working on it (most of which jumped on here to defend the film when somebody had a negative opinion of it why not let the work speak for itself?) but I do have a few issues with what Ive seen so far.

Is Eschatrilogy even a word? If so, what does it mean? If not, why did this film need a word making up to describe it? It gives a very pretentious vibe that will put some people off (John Wayne and Clint Eastwood, apparently)

From the synopsis, the story doesnt look all that involved. So its basically Tales From the Crypt Keeper with zombies tacked on? Dead Inside and A Father For The Dead seem fairly clichéd and obvious. I could take a guess at whats going to happen in them before I watch the film and Id be surprised if I was wrong. The Dying Breed seems a bit more intriguing, or is it just Shaun Of The Dead with a baseball bat instead of a cricket bat?

Another thing that bothers me(and this is a personal issue that I can never get over and not intended to be an insult to anyone) when I looked at the IMDB page for this film, it listed the same guy as writer, director and top-billed actor. In my experience, this is never a good sign and gives the impression that this is some kind of vanity project. Looking at the picture on IMDB, it looks like you also gave yourself the only speaking role in the trailer too. Like I said, Im not saying this as an insult. If there really wasnt a better writer then thats cool. If there wasnt a better director, ok a lot of people write and direct their own films. But you couldnt find anyone else to give the main role to? Or that speaking role? That, along with some dodgy looking acting (mostly the turn and look hopeless looks going on in this trailer) really doesnt make me think that the acting in this will be much good. I might be wrong, I hope for the films sake Im wrong, but its not the impression Im left with.

Im not judging anything, these are just my personal opinions based on what Ive seen of this film. I understand the amount of effort that must have gone into making it and the passion that your cast and crew have about the project is unquestionable. But it doesnt work for me. If I get the chance Ill watch the film when it becomes available to do so but my expectations arent high.

28. Damian Morter on January 5, 2012 at 9:05 pm

Thanks Paul for your comments at least some thoughts to take away, just to clear up I only had a cameo in the film, I believe IMDB has listed it in Star rating order.Hence Face Kick zombie appearing in second billing, not my rules and I didnt fill it out. Eschatrilogy is a play on words, Eschatology meaning the end of things, Trilogy meaning three of somethinghope this clears a few issues up, I would be happy to invite you to a screening you can contact me personally via my website.
    Take care.
    Damian.

29. Damian Morter on January 5, 2012 at 9:13 pm

Sorry PHIL lol

30. Chris on January 10, 2012 at 4:40 pm

Looks great, I love the fact its a Sheffield company. Are there any films to buy from them yet? C.

31. Sheff lad on January 10, 2012 at 9:02 pm

I like the teaser it does what it says on the tin, makes you want to see more well done Safehouse productions I saw.

32. Sheff lad on January 10, 2012 at 9:03 pm

I say even lol

33. Keiron G on January 12, 2012 at 3:39 pm

Just wanted to add my ten pence worth into the fray, Firstly the anonymous cowards that slag the film off before its even finished and use ridiculous names to disguise their cowardly guises well done for showing us how small minded you are, secondly Damian and Nicola, thank you for letting me be a part of the film as an extra, was a great experience and I know a lot of other people are equally as honoured to be a part of the film as I am, also im not experienced in being on film sets but the enthusiasm you both have shown when ive been on the sets just shows how much you want the film to be a success and to be honest im disgusted at the haters slagging the film down before its hit the screens, its a low budget film, with dedicated crew and actors taking part wanting the film to be a success, if every film was made to the same MO ie. pleasing everyone all the time then im pretty sure going to the cinema would become a very boring experience. I for one know this film will do well and as ive said im very proud of being a part of it, so well done everyone at safehouse :)